Darwinists and creationists have had a long-running debate over the origins of life. Previously, the two sides have only been able to agree that they disagree. Now all of a sudden, some of the brightest and most respected minds in science have entered the fray.
These scientists are mostly from the disciplines of quantum psychics and molecular biology and their specialty is identifying the mysteries of life. Based on their research, they now believe that life was created by “Intelligent Design”. I can almost hear the creationists applauding, however, their celebration may be a little bit premature. You see, by Intelligent Design, the scientists mean something quite different from the biblical concept of God.
Their findings/theories border on the esoteric but here’s some of the more pertinent ones:
- The world is holographic, that is to say a two-dimensional reality that we experience as being three dimensional, or as Morpheus said to Neo in The Matrix, “If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by the brain”.
- Reality is changed by the observer and is therefore created by consciousness; thus, the expression that we are spiritual beings having a human experience rather than human beings having a spiritual experience.
- DNA has a wide variety of extra-terrestial origins or as Nobel Prize winner Francis Crick put it, humans are extra-terrestials.
- Creation is made up of an infinite number of universes, in essence one gigantic multi-verse. The matrix which holds the multi-verse together contains a binary code. In other words, it was artificially constructed, which perhaps validates what Einstein originally said about space-time.
I call this perspective of reality “The Video Game Effect”. Comparing this to a movie, one could say that the essence of the movie is actually on the film, rather than on the screen where the movie comes to “life”. As one watches the movie in the theater, the movie appears to have a beginning, a middle and an end even though the film was shot months before and certain scenes can only be found on the cutting room floor. All of which, however, begs the question of who exactly is the Intelligent Designer of the universe. I, for one, believe that God is ultimately unknowable and that the Truth of the matter, therefore, will never be ascertained. Of course, that won’t keep inquiring minds from pushing the envelope further still. As Voltaire once observed, “Even if God didn’t exist, man would have to invent him.” In the final analysis, there’s just one thing that I’m sure of. Whoever created the universe, they were a hell of a programmer.
“You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt and disbelief. Free your mind….I can only show you the door. You’re the one that has to walk through it.”
– Morpheus, from The Matrix